With a huge range of choice when it comes to booking the entertainment for your wedding, we thought we would share with you our ‘Perfect Scottish Wedding Entertainment Package’, after years of performing and experiencing wedding entertainment.
We hope that this gives you an idea of some of the options that are available when it comes to organising the entertainment for your wedding. Here is an example of the day’s schedule.
- 30pm – Our Bagpiper, dressed in full traditional Scottish dress, performs outside the venue to welcome guests as they arrive.
- 00pm – The ceremony begins, and our String Quartet performs as the bride and groom walk down the aisle, and then again as the signing of the register takes place. Our String Quartet can perform your choice of music as you walk down the aisle and are happy to arrange a piece of music if your choice is not on our repertoire list.
- 45pm – The ceremony ends, and the couple depart for photos. At this point our Piper can perform again as guests leave the venue.
- 15pm – Reception drinks begin, and canapes are served as our Fiddle Duo perform for guests. Alternatively, our jazz/swing trio can keep guests entertained.
- 45pm – Guests make their way through to the venue for the evening meal, and the bride and groom are piped to the top table.
- 5pm – The evening meal is served. Background music can be performed live at this point by our Pianist, Classical Guitarist or Clarsach. Alternatively, your own choice of background music can be played through our professional sound system. Just let us know if you wish to use our professional sound equipment at any point throughout your day. This includes speakers, microphones and our mixing desk. We can also provide you with our sound engineer if you so wish.
- 00pm – The band arrive to set up. The band tend to arrive an hour before they are arranged to start, however an early set up can be arranged if necessary. Our set up includes professional sound equipment, as well as, lighting.
- 00pm – The first dance takes place. Your own choice of music can either be performed by the band or a track can be played through the PA. Arrangements for the first dance will be organised prior to the event, but generally our caller will announce the first dance and gradually invite members of the wedding party to join the bride and groom on the dance floor. This will ensure the perfect start to the evening’s entertainment.
- 8:45pm – The ceilidh part of the evening begins as the first dance finishes, getting everyone involved to kick things off.
- 9:30pm – The evening buffet is served, and your own choice of background music is played through our PA.
- 10:15pm – The ceilidh resumes.
- 11:00pm – The DJ/disco part of the evening begins and takes you through to the end of the evening. All of our wedding entertainment packages include an optional DJ/disco part of the evening. We feel that this is the perfect way to round things or and finish things on a high!
This is just an example of one way in which you may choose to organise your wedding’s entertainment. Please see our ‘additional services’ page for our full list of entertainment options or call us on 07712131010, to discuss your entertainment package.